Sunday, July 08, 2007

Are You F****ing Kidding Me?

I'm watching NBC's "Live Earth" broadcast, via TiVo, it's about halfway through the show, and literally every other commercial they're airing is for some kind of SUV or truck.

Seriously, what the hell, people? Which is it you want us to do? Change all the bulbs in our house to compact fluorescents, recycle all our paper, plastic, and cans, and unplug all our appliances--or buy a big-ass truck that gets about 15 MPG?

The only thing that cured my rage at that is the realization that I love Kelly Clarkson. I love her voice, and her huge ass, and her pissed-off songs, and that she basically said f-you to the old men trying to run her career. I don't know if she's good for the environment, but she can't be any worse than a Range Rover, right?

1 comment:

Jess Hutch said...

SUV ads: ridic. You'd think someone on the ad-selling side would have given that a little more thought.
K. Clarkson: I love her too. I hope she keeps the big butt.