Thursday, October 07, 2010

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 7

I re-watched both "Alien" and "Aliens" earlier this year, and while I've seen them both many, many times, this was the first time I had watched them both back-to-back. Doing so made me realize they are, in many ways, the same movie; there are so many moments in the first movie that are repeated in the second. "Aliens" is really just a bigger, louder version of "Alien." Which, don't get me wrong, is fine; they're both great. But I think "Aliens" benefited greatly by being released seven years after the first one...

Technically, you can try my experiment at home by watching the original "Alien" tonight at 7pm on TCM, and "Aliens" tomorrow at 8pm on AMC. But I just can't recommend watching any movie on AMC since they continue to air pan-and-scan versions of their films, edited, and full of commercials. So, "Alien" it is....



(P.S. That is a friggin awesome trailer.)

No comments: