Saturday, October 01, 2011

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 1

David Fincher's "Zodiac" is a movie I didn't totally take to at first, but it has turned into something I watch almost every year (around the Fourth of July, to be exact). It's not really a scary movie, per se, and is really more about journalism than it is about the serial killer, but the fact that it has Mark Ruffalo, and some terrific San Francisco-in-the-70's scenes, and a terrific soundtrack, means it's one of those movies that just kind of...comforts me.

Yes. A movie about a serial killer who was never caught brings me comfort. And that is why October is one of my favorite months.

Watch it tonight at 11 P.M. on IFC, (and hopefully in widescreen).

The trailer's below. I can't embed one of the best moments from the film's opening, (the use of Donovan's "Hurdy Gurdy Man" is weirdly brilliant), but you can watch it here.

No comments: