Tuesday, January 31, 2012

December Round-Up - 2011

I just got done with a crazy week of birthday celebrating, which included a party and a trip to Disneyland. I'm still recovering, so this post is going to have to be a bit on the brief side.

So without further ado, here is a final look at 2011...

Movies Seen: Eleven, with five in a theater. Click through to read my reviews of four of them:

Carnage
The Sitter
We Bought a Zoo
The Grey

The fourth theatrical viewing was Hugo, which I did like, but didn't love. It's was beautiful to look at, and touching at times, but really went on way too long.

None of the DVDs I watched was worth mentioning.

Books Read: Only two, but one of those books was over 800 pages long. That book was Stephen King's 11/22/63. Click through to read my brief thoughts on the matter. I could go further into it, but that would be spoiler-rific...

The other book was Joan Didion's Blue Nights, which I read in a night, and is good, but not quite as devastating as her Year of Magical Thinking.

Fancy Dinners Out: Four! It was Christmastime. Imbibing is de rigueur that time of year! The fanciest night was an evening at the Bella Vista in Woodside. It involved a limo full of friends, and lots of flaming foods. Check out my blog Flambabes for some video from the evening.

Bix has daily lunch during December, so that was a must. The most amazing part of that meal had to be the truffled deviled eggs. OMG so good.

We took my mother to the Buckeye for a birthday lunch, and the highlight of THAT meal had to be their oysters bingo. I could eat a dozen of those myself, easily.

Finally, there was a dinner at La Traviata, which is always good.

Live Shows Seen: One! The San Francisco Ballet's Nutcracker, which, as always, was tons of fun.

Shoes Bought: I don't think I bought any shoes for myself, but I did get a pair of new Keds for Christmas.

No comments: