Sunday, September 30, 2012

August Round-Up - 2012

August was crazy. I got a job!

I went back to Palm Springs.

I GOT A JOB!

OK, not all that crazy, but a lot compared to some other months this year.

Having a new job has made updating my blogs a little more of a challenge, and I'm going to make it even MORE of a challenge by, once again, taking part in the Countdown to Halloween starting tomorrow. Thirty-one posts in 31 days! Eeek! Talk about scary!

So, in the interest of getting the hell on with it, let's get the hell on with it.

Movies Seen: Ten, with three in a theater. Read my reviews!

Hope Springs

Robot and Frank

Lawless

Books Read: Nine. WHAT!? (Click through for reviews.)

Grow Girl by Heather Donahue

Rancho Mirage by Aram Saroyan

Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed

To Marry an English Lord by Gail MacColl and Carol M.D. Wallace

Drop Dead Healthy by A.J. Jacobs

Mad Men Unbuttoned by Natasha Vargas-Cooper

Sybil Exposed by Debbie Nathan

The Moviegoer by Walker Percy

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Fancy Dinners Out: Six! There was celebrating!

Dinner at Wexler's, which was smoky goodness.

A return to the Bella Vista for some melt-in-your-mouth steak Diane. (Eventually I will upload the video of the preparation to Flambabes.)

Insanely good pasta at Farina.

Plus two dinners in Palm Springs: at TRIO and Spencer's.

Live Shows Seen: One, kind of. An afternoon Giants game that I guess was of some note because it was the day Melky Cabrera was suspended from the game. Since then, they went on to clinch their division to which I can only say: Melky who?

Shoes Bought: Two pair. These vintage gold stilettos, a steal at under six bucks. And these floral heels which look hideous but are actually awesome.

No comments: