Circus of Horrors is another movie that I watched because it's on my shower curtain. (Previous shower curtain watches can be found here and here.) It's a lurid British film, somewhat along the lines of Peeping Tom, which came out the same year, thought it's not nearly as good as that one.
Describing the plot makes it sound insane: A plastic surgeon botches a surgery and goes on the run, changing his name, but then he performs a successful facial surgery on the disfigured young daughter of the owner of a circus but when that owner is mauled to death by a bear, the surgeon takes over the circus, filling it with formerly disfigured women he is able to turn beautiful, but only if they agree to become performers in his circus, and when they eventually get tired of that life he kills them.
Like I said, pretty insane.
While the film has some good visuals and costumes, I wish it was as entertaining as the plot makes it sound. Alas, I found it to be pretty boring, and it took me two days to finish it because I kept getting distracted by other things, like my phone. Or the sun setting. Or sleep.
I watched it on Tubi, which seems to have two versions, one is a really good print, and one is terrible. Choose wisely. Or choose differently, as it's probably not actually worth watching.

1 comment:
That is a cool shower curtain, and a fun way to pick movies. And this one I guess I had more fun with it.
Post a Comment