Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I Hate What They Did to "Gilmore Girls." I Love What They Did to "Gilmore Girls."

Alan Sepinwall has a good interview with David Rosenthal, the new showrunner for "Gilmore Girls," (and as an aside, is it just me, or is the term "showrunner" a new addition to TV lexicon?) in which he talks about what went down last season, and what he has planned for the coming season.

I've made it known before that I really, REALLY hated how things turned out last season, and I tend to blame the Palladinos for that. We'll see what this "showrunner" does with it. But on the other hand the show's suckiness, and potential for continued suckiness, will just make it that much easier to say good-bye when the inevitable cancellation comes. I continue to believe that shows should NOT got out while they're still good--that just makes the loss of the show that much harder. Isn't it better when the show starts to suck, and you stop caring about it to the point that its cancellation warrants nothing more than an, "Eh. Whatever."?

No comments: