Sunday, May 27, 2007

Dork

That's what I am.

I went to the RiffTrax show in Marin tonight, and it was fun and funny (review coming soon on SFist. I hope.). But at the end of the show, after the Q&A, when fellow dorks had cornered the guys at the front of the theater, I managed to muscle my way in and attack introduce myself to Mike Nelson just before he was about to extradite himself from the throngs. I said who I was, reminded him about the interview, thanked him again for that, complimented him on the show, and made some stupid remark about waiting in line to meet him. He was very gracious and he thanked me for taking the time to introduce myself, and that was that. But man. I am a nervous wreck around famous people. My face gets all red and twitchy and my voice cracks, and I don't know what to say; it's embarrassing for everyone involved. I should really have just introduced myself, and then instantly apologized for my awkwardness.

Then again, who am I kidding? Compared to the rest of his stereotypical fans, I probably came off like friggin' Grace Kelly.

No comments: