Sunday, June 17, 2007

Head Cases

A friend forwarded me this NY Times article written by Mike Nelson, in which he talks about his chronic headache. Man! If I'd known about this before, my interview with him might have been more interesting.

If you know me, you probably know that for the past three years, I've had headache issues of my own. You might not know, however, that it is indeed a constant thing. Some days it turns into a full-fledged migraine (I am supposing it's migraine since a certain type of migraine medication does help it, but it doesn't include a lot of the symptoms many migraine sufferers complain of) in which I can't really function until I take something for it, and sometimes that doesn't even work. But on a day-to-day basis, I am constantly aware of some level of pain in my head. Like Mike Nelson writes, it's not like I've gotten used to it, it's just that I have no choice but to live my life with the pain.

When I read his article I immediately contemplated emailing him and sharing headache horror stories, but I haven't done that yet. Don't know if I will; I'm afraid to bug him and make his headache worse.

No comments: