Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Fall of TV: Fringe

This year I just couldn't find the time nor the energy to do a really comprehensive look at all the season and series premieres that are headed our way like a freight train, so instead I'll just try to highlight the shows I think are worth a gander on the day of their premieres. For kicks!

Tonight's big show is "Fringe," which comes from J.J. Abrams. He's got a pretty good track record so far, with "Felicity," "Alias," and, of course, "Lost." However, I'm a bit worried about this one. While the title brings to mind a show about the joys and horrors of a particular kind of hairstyle, the trailer just make it seem like an "X-Files" rehash. I've also heard mixed things about the screening they had down at Comic-Con. Nonetheless, it's got a season pass on my old TiVo, and aside from Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse," which still doesn't have a firm premiere date, (probably sometime in January), it's the only new show this season that I'm even slightly excited about. It premieres at 8pm tonight on Fox, and then moves to 9pm next week. Here's the trailer.

No comments: