Sunday, October 30, 2022

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 30: TerrorVision (1986)

I went into TerrorVision hoping it was a long lost gem I had somehow overlooked, and, well...it's not. In fact, it's kind of audaciously terrible, but for me, not quite in the "so bad it's good" camp, like Troll, which was filmed around the same time in Italy, using some of the same crew and sets.

It does have Mary Woronov though, and no matter how bad a movie is, it's always good to see her. She plays an aerobics obsessed housewife and mother. Her husband (Chad Allen) installs a satellite TV system that somehow transports a man-eating alien into their home, and the teen members of the household try to tame it, ala E.T. 

It doesn't really work out.

I'll give it this much: It somehow manages to perfectly skewer the 1980's while being filmed right dab in the middle of the decade. The teenage daughter is a straight up parody of an MTV obsessed "punk rocker" (lol), along with her boyfriend. And the family home is just tacky 80's perfection.

I couldn't find it streaming on any platforms, so I watched it on YouTube, which does have a pretty good copy available.

No comments: