Monday, October 21, 2024

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 21: Lake Bodom (2016)

I'll admit I really only chose to watch Lake Bodom because it's Finnish--the land of my people!--and I'm always intrigued by Finnish horror movies. Other than that, the premise makes it sound like your average kids-in-the-woods slasher movie. Which it is! But it also goes in some unexpected directions...

Four teenagers venture to Lake Bodom, the scene of a grisly unsolved mystery back in 1960, to recreate and possibly solve the crime. Bad idea right? I mean, when is going into the woods ever a GOOD idea in a horror movie? 

Do the boys have ulterior motives? Do the girls? And is there someone else out there in those dark woods, watching them?

I think the movie benefits a lot from not knowing much more than that, so I will say, I liked the beginning OK, really liked the middle, and was a tad disappointed with the resolution.

I watched Lake Bodom on Shudder.

No comments: