Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Disappointment. At Last!

Last week's episode of Lost was the first to disappoint me. Just a little. Just enough, so that now I can sit back and not worry about the inevitable let-down. Kind of like getting that first scratch on a new car.

The moth metaphor was a little too obvious to me, and Charlie's backstory was full of equally leaden cliches. I still liked it, though. But I have to say Kate's dry-humping of Jack is getting a little tired. Just do it already. Sheesh!

Anyway, I know some of you have yet to watch The Best New Show On TV, and for shame and all that. But do know that my tape of the season continues to grow, and is available for rental once it hits the six-hour mark. If you dare start watching in the middle, here's a basic guide to the show and its main characters. But don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled.

Also, Regency House Party continues tonight at 9:00 on PBS. Have to say, I am loving this show, while also being annoyed at some of its participants. People who go onto a reality program like this and then complain that it's too restrictive get no sympathy from me. I mean, when you were chosen to be on the show did you not at least go and rent Pride and Prejudice? Did you not crack open a Jane Austen book? Did you really think you'd be able to share snuff with the guys and hang out with them all day drinking? Get over it!

Also love the fact that there's a resident hermit on the estate. I wish I had a house big enough to home a hermit.

4 comments:

elizs said...

I owe you thanks for plugging "RHP". I hadn't heard anything about it beforehand. I like it okay, but I don't like it as much as "Manor House". That show was awesome!! I am disappointed that all the servants are professionals for this newer show, but after Manor House, I imagine they couldn't get any volunteers.

Rain said...

I agree that so far, "Manor House" is the better show. Nothing beats clashing classes!

That "Regency House" hostess is one tough bitch, though, ain't she? I don't recall seeing her anywhere else but her bedroom, endlessly complaining about the shocking lack of manners displayed by all the guests...

Rain said...

I wasn't too dissapointed by it. It certainly wasn't up to par with the first four or five episodes (and I think it benefits a lot from having seen those) but I kind of liked the twist about the letter. Plus that kiss was hot.

Rain said...

And to sum up, it wouldn't be the episode I'd show people to convince them to watch the series, so I'm actually kinda sad you watched it! Next time some of the earlier shows are re-run, be sure to watch those!