Wednesday, December 01, 2004

White

As promised, here are some photos from my trip to Tahoe over Thanksgiving. They're scenery shots mainly...

When we got to the cabin on Wednesday, there was really only snow in the mountains. The backyard was bare. But on Saturday, a storm came through, dropping over a foot of snow. We took a walk through this blizzard, but thought it best not to take a camera along. It was a freezing adventure, but fun. By Sunday, the day we had to leave, the skies were clear, and the backyard was now picture postcard pretty.

I really should move somewhere that gets yearly snow. I love cold weather (much more than warm weather) and there is nothing prettier to me than the site of fresh snow everywhere. A nice blanket of white can make even the most mundane things look magical...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow, Beautiful Snow. It indeed makes everything look so clean, so pure, wish I could be back there right now!
T.

Anonymous said...

The thing that I love the most about snow, is the silence. Looking at your pictures I can just feel the hush of everything. That must have been beautiful....lucky you.
s.

Rain said...

it's true. And even when the snow was falling at it's heaviest, it was still quiet, unlike during a rainstorm...

Here's one more photo of two of my favorite things.