Friday, July 08, 2005

Tragedy in London

And by that, I am of course referring to MTV's coverage of the London Live 8 concert last week. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Just kidding....Oh. Sorry. Too soon? (I am only being this tasteless because I do find it kind of amusing how many people in London seem to be taking the bombings in stride. Yes, it was horrible, but I think Londoners just have something in their blood that doesn't make them completely freak out about bombings, what with years of IRA attacks, not to mention that whole World War II thing. So I am in no way belittling what happened. I am only trying to react like a Londoner.)

But back to the matter at hand. I didn't bother watching any of the Live 8 stuff last week just because there weren't any performers (aside from Madonna. Of COURSE!) that I was that keen on seeing. But I've certainly heard that MTV's coverage was atrocious, and it seems they've taken the criticism to heart and will be airing commercial-free (and hopefully, VJ-free) performances this weekend.

No comments: