Thursday, October 05, 2006

Does This Mean They'll Just Fly Lower?

It's Fleet Week, and you all know how much I love it. (And no, I'm not being sarcastic.) But for the first time that I can remember, it's actually raining. It's usually really hot during Fleet Week, Indian summer and all that, but not today, that's for sure. The Blue Angels are supposed to start their practice flyovers today, but I'm wondering if they cancel that due to rain?

I think it's supposed to clear up by this weekend, when the real air shows begin, but I can't say them not getting a chance to survey the skies and do a practice run fills me with confidence. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE watching the Blue Angels, but I'm not naive enough to think something CAN'T go wrong. I just choose to ignore that fact, much like I ignore the fact that I live in a City that's sitting on a faultline, and we could all be dust in a matter of minutes. Don't ignore it, and you'll just go nuts--or move to Kansas and worry about tornadoes instead.

Edited to add: Well, a Blue Angel just flew over my roof, so I guess that answers my question.

No comments: