Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hey, Isn't Today Halloween?

The day passed by and I almost forgot it was Halloween. Busy day at work and all that. I did get some punk ass kids trying to trick or treat in my building once I got home; pre-teens obviously too old to be trick or treating. That would be fine if they actually had some cool costumes, but I think one was wearing a pirate flag as a cape, and that was the extent of his costume, and the other was just dressed in black. Oooo! Scary! Luckily I live on the top floor, and they were too lazy to venture to my door.

Now I'm watching "Halloween" as I cook me some dinner. Exciting! I didn't even carve a jack o'lantern this year. But my friend Dave did. Be sure to check out his Pumpkin House of Horrors!

And if you'd like to listen to something truly frightening, here's the Shaggs classic, "It's Halloween."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember dressing as sheets one year? Not as ghosts, with white sheets, but we each had colored or patterned sheets and accessorized them? I seem to remember a green sheet and a red felt hat. I don't think we trick or treated, did we? We were around 13, right? My memories aren't what they should be, as you might imagine. Sheets!

Rain said...

Of course I remember! And Chris was a pillow case! I think we went trick or treating in the Castro, and we used the oh so clever phrase, "Trick or treat, I'm a sheet!" lest people not get the genius of our costumes.

Of course that was back when Halloween in the Castro only covered about three blocks, and people weren't getting shot at.