Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Can We Get Back to That "Sky Turning Purple" Thing?

Just some brief notes about "Lost" before I go to sleep. Needless to say, thar be spoilers ahead. Aaaaaarrrrgh.

First, I didn't hate it as much as I feared I would. I found parts genuinely exciting, and that bit in the Clockwork Orange room kind of creepy. (Doesn't mean I'm going to spend hours analyzing the images in the video, though. I'll leave that to the truly obsessed.) I liked that there was at least a tiny bit of explanation about the Others (or at least, one of them), and my new favorite Other (OK, my only favorite Other) is Tom.

However, they were KILLING me when Tom mentioned the sky turning purple and was interrupted by stupid Ben and his stupid spouting artery. And I'm thinking that even though Alex is under the impression she's Ben's daughter, she might not be. She's supposed to be Rousseau's kidnapped daughter, right? So perhaps she was just raised thinking she was Ben's?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But she could be Rousseau's kidnapped daughter AAAANNNNNNDDDDD Ben's daughter. Couldn't she? Be both? Am I forgeting something? Or did I just blow your mind?

Rain said...

I thought Rousseau arrived on the island pregnant? And Ben said he's lived on the island his whole life... So perhaps he could have impregnanted her with some magic sperm sent to the outside world...but I'm not buying that.

And the Jacob thing....maybe. But when they went to attack the guard and Alex told him to call her father, the guard got on the walkie talkie and asked for Ben...

Anonymous said...

Wait, who's Jacob again?
You mean the "God loves you as He loved Jacob" Jacob?

Rain said...

Jacob was mentioned as being the guy who had a list as in, "Jack wasn't even on Jacob's list." He hasn't actually been shown or identified yet...

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Jacob