Sunday, February 25, 2007

Live Blogging My Post-Oscars Blog

Yeah, I couldn't be bothered to live blog the thing. I failed miserably in my predictions, and found a lot of it duller than usual. I hated that they waited so long before giving us an award category that was actually exciting--almost an hour and a half! (Art Direction first? Really? Followed by something about the Technical Awards? Way to get people amped for the evening!) What happened to giving out Best Supporting Actress early in the night?

There weren't any speeches that made me cry, and only a few laugh-out-loud moments (loved Will Ferrell and Jack Black). Of course I am thrilled that Scorsese and "The Departed" won, although it's obvious it was given to him to make up for years of slubs. It's not his best movie--although it was better than "The Aviator," which he didn't win for two years ago.

Ellen was fine. Just...fine. Those weird dancers that turned into guns and penguins were just so...random. And I thought it was just mean not to include Anna Nicole Smith in the salute to the dearly departed (AKA the Dead Applause-O-Meter, which was won by Robert Altman this year). Were they afraid people would laugh or something?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that they only do people who died in the previous year, as with the awards.

Rain said...

I could have sworn in past shows they had anyone who had died since the last show, and up to the current show. Because, seriously, if Francis Ford Coppola or someone like that had died two weeks ago, you think they wouldn't have included him in that montage?