Sunday, September 09, 2007

THIS! IS! STUPID!

After several weeks, Netflix finely saw fit to send me a copy of "300." I gave the movie about 45 minutes before I realized there was no way I could watch one more minute of it with any attempt at seriousness. And since I was home alone, my wisecracks weren't going to amuse anyone but my cat (and she hates all my jokes). So I downloaded the Rifftrax for the movie, and watched the rest of it that way.

Man, what a huge improvement! I can't believe people actually sat in theaters and watched that giant piece of crap without shouting at the screen all "Rocky Horror" style. In fact, the RiffTrax was so much fun I actually rewatched the first 45 minutes I had subjected myself to earlier so I wouldn't miss any of the jokes.

So, if you haven't seen it, and plan to, I really, really recommend doing so with the accompaniment of Mike, Bill, and Kevin.

Also, when I finished with the movie, I watched a rerun of SNL, which included this sketch. The gods were aligned tonight, my friends.

No comments: