Saturday, September 22, 2007

TV Or Not TV

Ho. Lee. Crap.

I have literally spent the entire day and night watching TV pilots, writing about TV pilots, and doing screen grabby things with TV pilots. And I'm not even half-way through it all. So far only CBS deems me worthy of early screener DVD copies of TV premieres, so I have to seek out the other pilots online, like an animal. Most of NBC's new shows are available on Amazon's Unbox thingy, (or Comcast's On Demand, not that I can get that to work), but there are still plenty of other network shows that I haven't been able to see at all yet. Aaaack! I also have to work tomorrow, which means come Monday I will not have left my apartment since Friday evening. Insane!

The results of my labors will be available for your reading pleasure daily on SFist starting tomorrow. I will also be doing a weekly column about some San Francisco-set shows for the SFGate Culture Blog starting next week. You can also read the return of my Reality TV Locals Round-Up on SFist come Monday. I'll link to them all when they go online.

Needless to say, for the next few weeks, I will be watching a ridiculous amount of TV, at least until I decide which shows I can drop, (and which shows the networks decide to pull). I really should get past my need to watch a show until its bitter end, even when it has long since ceased to be entertaining. For instance, there's no reason I need to keep watching "Desperate Housewives" or "Grey's Anatomy" anymore; those shows do nothing but annoy me. And yet, I keep at it, out of some anal retentive need for completion, and some false notion that by quitting them I will somehow not have my finger on the pop culture pulse or something, which is just stupid. "Desperate Housewives" hasn't had a pulse since season one.

No comments: