Sunday, November 11, 2007

State of TV: Sundays

Last year I did a series of posts about how TV seemed to be holding up with the new season, and I suddenly realized if I want to do that again this year, I'd better step on it, as many of the shows currently on TV won't be on for much longer if the writers strike isn't settled soon. For instance, this week's episode of "The Office" is the last new episode they finished before the strike hit. Kinda scary how fast these things can take affect, huh?

So, anyway, here's what I think about the shows I currently watch on Sunday nights (which is a surprisingly empty TV night).

First is "The Simpsons" on at 8pm, and I'm sorry, but I still think it's hilarious. Yes, it has had funnier seasons, but it's a hell of a lot better than "Family Guy." I mean, COME ON!

Also at 8 is "The Amazing Race" which I've only watched one episode of so far, and so far, it's your standard "Amazing Race" awesomeness. Especially last week when one of the detours involved donkeys who refused to move when they needed to. And many racers were just incredulous that a donkey could be so stubborn. LOVE it.

At 9 it's nothing but "Desperate Housewives," a show I continue to watch even though I really kind of hate it. The strike can't affect it soon enough for me.

Finally, at 10 there's "Brothers & Sisters," which I like more than "Desperate Housewives," but is not a show I would ever tell someone they should totally make the time to watch.

I also watch "60 Minutes," but what can be said about that, really?

So there you have it. Sundays: A whole lotta meh.

No comments: