Friday, November 30, 2007

October Round-Up

OK. This is the last day to get this up before December--which in itself is completely freaking terrifying. December? You mean to tell me another year of my life is almost over? And I am that much closer to 40?

But there's Christmas coming up too, so all is well. Except for the fact that OH MY GOD IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS AND I HAVEN'T EVEN BEGUN TO SHOP!

Ahhh. October...things were so much simpler then.

Movies Seen: Twelve, with two in theaters. One of those two was "The Darjeeling Limited," which I liked a lot. As far as Wes Anderson movies go, I'd put it above "The Life Aquatic," but below "Rushmore" and "The Royal Tenenbaums." Not sure where "Bottle Rocket" fits in...The other, "A Skin Too Few," hardly counts as a movie, as it was quite short, and several years old, and can be viewed in its entirety on YouTube. But I wrote a brief review of it, if you want to read it. As for the movies on DVD, I think I most enjoyed "Crazy Love" which is a completely entertaining documentary about the most fucked up romance in the history of fucked up romances.

Books Read: Four. I went on a classic horror lit kick--if two books can be called a "kick"--reading both "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" and "Psycho" for the first time. I think the version of "Body Snatchers" I read was a revised edition, because it took place in 1976, and was set in Mill Valley and not "Santa Mira." Why they felt the need to revise it, I have no idea. The other books were “Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style”--Tim Gunn would have a heart attack if he took a look inside my closets--and "Lost and Found," which should be read by any fan of "The Amazing Race."

Fancy Dinners Out: Sadly, none.

Live Shows Seen: None. Although I did go to the race track. Went in with 60 bucks. Bet on two races, bought two drinks, two hot dogs, and left with 62 bucks. Not bad. Even if the hot dogs were only a buck each. And I had to wait in line 45 minutes to get them.

Shoes Bought: None. Jeeze. What the hell did I waste my time doing in October anyway?!

No comments: