Friday, October 16, 2015

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 16

Tonight is creepy children night on TCM, with such classics as The Bad Seed and Children of the Damned, (you can see the complete line-up here.)

But my favorite of the bunch is The Curse of the Cat People, which airs just after midnight at 12:15AM. More in title than in actual plot, it's a sequel to the classic 1942 Cat People featuring most of the same cast, but that's pretty much where the similarities end. It's not so much a horror movie as it is a creepy fairy tale about the sometimes scary loneliness of childhood.

It must have confused the hell out of people when it first came out.

I

I think I cried the first time I saw it; it's that touching. And I think it actually makes a better Christmas movie than it does a horror movie, so maybe save it and watch it in December. Speaking of which, can someone get me this cape Simone Simon is wearing for Christmas? Thanks.

I curse you and your amazing cape!

You can rent Curse of the Cat People from Amazon, and it's available on disc (along with Cat People) from Netflix.

No comments: