Monday, October 02, 2017

Musty TV's Maniacal Halloween Countdown - Day 2

I've been thinking about possible Halloween costumes and, as per usual, have nothing concrete planned, no real ideas, and not enough time to execute anything. Like, I'd love to go as Mrs. David S. Pumpkins, but that would require finding some of that Jack O'Lantern fabric, and sewing a dress. And I suck at sewing. Any questions?


Watching that sketch got me thinking about Tom Hanks's career, and if he's ever been in a horror movie. Some might say The 'Burbs counts, and as much as I love that movie I'd have to put that one in the comedy camp more than horror. (But can I just say, I love that someone actually posted an analysis of the film's Sardine Scene up on YouTube?)


No, Tom Hank's one true horror movie was, as tends to be the case with a lot of stars, also the first movie he ever appeared in, 1980's He Knows You're Alone, about a slasher who kills brides-to-be the night before their wedding.


I've never actually seen it, mainly because as a kid I was a real snob when it came to slasher movies, and I guess I still am. So many post-1978 slasher movies were such bad Halloween rip-offs that I stopped giving any of them a try.

Though I'm kind of curious to see if Hanks gets killed in it, because frankly, it looks like he's asking for it.

That bandana won't protect you, Hanksy.

1 comment:

Caffeinated Joe said...

At least it would be a simple costume? Vintage coat and a bandana. :)