Sunday, April 16, 2006

Eggcellent


Necktie Eggs 1
Originally uploaded by Rain Rain Rain.
I attempted the Martha Stewart necktie eggs, and am pretty pleased with the results. The key seems to be wrapping the egg so that fabric touches as much of the egg surface as possible. I broke one in the process of wrapping--it's tricky!

Next year I'm going to try smaller pieces of fabric and wrapping many rubber bands around the eggs instead of the just wrapping and twisting the top with a twist-tie.

You can see a few more here.

4 comments:

Jess Hutch said...

They turned out great! I love this trick. I'm going to be on the lookout for groovy silk stuff at thrift stores for next Easter.

Anonymous said...

apologies, but i am going to have to say...eggcellent!
:)

Rain said...

Eggaxctly!

Jeff said...

cool!