Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I Should Be Heartbroken About This News

But I'm not. Seems the Palladinos, the writing team behind the series "Gilmore Girls" aren't renewing their contract. So, they won't be around next year when (if?) the show returns for it's (most likely) final season.

Like I said, I'm not too heartbroken about this because, seriously, could the show get any worse than it has been this year?

Which isn't to say it's been unwatchable. It's still one of my favorite TV dramas. But the first half of the season with Rory and Lorelei not speaking to each other, when one of the show's biggest joys is their relationship, was unbearable. And now what the writers have done to the Luke and Lorelei romance is just beyond awful. They seem to have it their heads that happily-ever-after isn't entertaining, and have instead thrown ridiculous impediments in front of the couple (I'm lookin' at YOU, Luke's illegitimate daughter!) when, really, I think we'd all be perfectly happy with Luke and Lorelei being...perfectly happy. For Paul Anka's sake, they're giving LANE a wedding before Lorelei. How heartbreaking is that?

So, if the Palladinos are to blame for this travesty of a season, then all I can say is, good riddance!

Edited to add: The above mentioned article has since been taken down by TV Guide. Apparently they were mistaken about the whole thing.

Ok. NOW I'm a little upset.

No comments: