Friday, April 21, 2006

Mind the Gap

Another elimination, another conference call, this time with Brooke, who wasn't given any more chances. I kinda liked Brooke, mainly because her looks were unique and quite strong. But I guess they're just going for flat-out ugly this year, as Jade remains in the running.

I asked Brooke if she had done anything to conquer her apparent stage fright (she chocked during the commercial, and seemed downright terrified during the improv classes). She said she hasn't been in any situations recently where she could test herself out, but that she thinks she's better now. I also asked her who she's rooting for, and she said Danielle.

I like Danielle well enough; I think she takes good pictures, and she's certainly got a more pleasant personality than Jade. But it looks like next week she's going to succumb to the judges pressure and have the gap in her front teeth fixed, even though she's perfectly happy with it. Granted, it is a huge gap, but couldn't she just get a cap or a bridge or something that she could wear during photo shoots? A gap-toothed smile hasn't hurt the careers of Madonna and Lauren Hutton any!

Image courtesy UPN

No comments: