Friday, August 31, 2007

They're Toasted!

If you haven't been watching AMC's "Mad Men" you should be. And this Sunday you'll have a chance to catch up on the season thus far, as AMC will be running a marathon starting at 10am. Set those TiVos! Set those timers! Set your alarm! Just watch the show.

For those who have never heard of it, it takes place at the end of the 1950s, and centers on some advertising execs ("mad"= Madison Ave.) and their families. Since the show is set during the early '60s, they basically had me at the sight of the first circle skirt-wearing housewife, but the show is much more than mere sets and costumes. I don't know how accurate the situations in the show are (I mean, did people REALLY smoke that much back then?) but it feels authentic. I don't want to say much more, mostly because I find the show hard to describe, but also because I think it works best to go into it without knowing too much. It's simply the best new show to premiere this summer...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for mentioning this show, i tivoed it thusly and its fab. although, one drawback is that its made the little man go retro and now he's all "is my dinner on the range?" and "bring me my brandy and lucky's", hopefully, this phase will pass soon.

Anonymous said...

I am not going to stand here and be talked to this way by a WOMAN.