Saturday, October 03, 2020

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Coundown - Day 3: Train to Busan

I went into Train to Busan thinking, "Do I really need another zombie anything in my life?" but was pleasantly surprised to find myself completely entertained. Turns out, it's not the mere concept of zombies that's become boring. It's the way those stories are told that has.

And Train to Busan's story is simple enough: it's Zombies on a Train! How do you deal with zombies in an enclosed space? How do you get from one car to the next when zombies are in the way? How do you get rid of the narcissistic rich businessman who only cares about his own survival? I mean, it's a movie just made for our times!

It's so entertaining that I didn't even mind that it was over 90 minutes long, in another language, and features an almost irritatingly cute child. That it also includes some pointed commentary about class difference and societal indifference that are not unique to Korea, are just added bonuses.

By the way, a sequel was released this year, but reviews are pretty negative. Stick with the original.

 Train to Busan is available to stream on Amazon Prime.

No comments: