Monday, October 12, 2020

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 12: Blood and Black Lace

OMG this movie, you guys! Mario Bava's Blood and Black Lace is not what you'd call a horror classic, but man alive is it beautiful. I mean, come on. Just look at this.


That seals it: all mannequins should be red now, and I don't want any arguments about it!

I have no idea why I haven't watched more of Mario Bava's movies, especially his color ones, since I'm a big fan of Dario Argento's giallo horror, and he basically learned all his tricks from Bava. I've got some catching up to do!

As for Blood and Black Lace, plot wise, it's your basic slasher flick (although it does have some tricks up its sleeve), but the setting, at an Italian fashion house before and after a fashion show, is just ::chef's kiss:: perfect. It's the perfect film to have playing in the background at a dive bar, or your next cocktail party. You know...ten years from now.


Blood and Black Lace is currently streaming on Amazon Prime.

No comments: