Sunday, October 04, 2020

Musty TV's Manical Halloween Countdown - Day 4: Chopping Mall

 

I'm pretty sure I never saw Chopping Mall in the 80's because I was convinced it would be super dumb. And guess what. It is! But that doesn't mean it's not also lots of fun.

For one thing, I had no idea Dick Miller is in it (see above) in one of his many screen appearances as a character named Walter Paisley. I also didn't know Paul Bartel and Mary Woronov are in it, also reprising some characters, Paul and Mary Bland from Eating Raoul.

Scream queen Barbara Crampton is also in it, it was filmed in the same mall as Fast Times at Ridgemont High, a film that also features Chopping Mall final girl Kelli Maroney, and it has your requisite amount of 1980's horror movie nudity and stupidity. In short, it's an excellent addition to any "1980's movies set in a mall" film festival that I can't believe hasn't happened yet. Someone get on that!

Chopping Mall is currently streaming on Shudder.

No comments: