Friday, October 30, 2020

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 30: A Tale of Two Sisters


A Tale of Two Sisters is an evil stepmother fairy tale with blood and ghosts, and watching it made me wish I had more ghost stories and fewer slasher stories in this countdown. Come to think if it, I needed more witches and goblins as well!

There are some really creepy moments in Two Sisters, but I have to say I saw its twist coming almost immediately. It was made in 2003, and a lot of films both before and after it have used the same twist. But really, there are only so many types of twists a horror movie can utilize, and a "twist" is baked into so much of the horror genre, that I'm not faulting the movie for it. I'm just warning anyone who has watched a lot of horror movies that they may need to be satisfied with what the rest of A Tale of Two Sisters has to offer. 

Moments like this.

You know what? This countdown also needed more movies with table clearing and flipping!

  A Tale of Two Sisters is currently streaming on Shudder and the Criterion Channel.

No comments: