Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Fish eggs, fish eggs, roly poly fish eggs..

Tonight is the TV night I live for. There is no show on right now I enjoy more than The Amazing Race. I've given up trying to convince every one I know to watch it (but if you miss it tonight it's repeated on Saturday night at 8!!) If the Emmy awards, rave reviews, and rabid fan base haven't convinced you yet, my pleading probably won't either. And frankly, I don't know if anything can top last week's visit to Russia and a challenge that involved eating TWO POUNDS of caviar. I think tonight they may be journeying to Egypt. And while the prospects of a challenge somehow involving a camel are exciting, I seem to get the most thrills out of watching the contestants try and book airline tickets.

What. THAT didn't convince you to watch?

3 comments:

Rain said...

You got that right. And the dwarf is HILARIOUS.

Actually, she's not. She's just annoying.

But really, the show is NOT dull. I usually can't get to sleep for an hour or so after watching it because I'm so amped. Every other reality show on TV just pales, whimpers, limps and dies in comparison.

rachael said...

i also am not intrigued...i like my reality shows much more HIGHBROW, like blowout. upscale, you know?

Rain said...

Well, it's certainly not in the same hi-class league as "Blow Out," but really, what is?

All I am left to say is if you enjoy "Survivor" there is no reason you should not be watching "The Amazing Race."

And if you hate "Survivor"....Well, I've gotta say the same thing.