Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Rescue Me From the Boredom of a Wedneday Night!

Well, whaddya know. I'm actually going to recommend a show that's not a reality program! Rescue Me airs at 10 tonight on F/X. I think one's enjoyment of it will have a lot to do with one's tolerance for Denis Leary. I actually like him just fine, due in part to his former stint on a weekly series, The Job, which was woefully neglected and ultimately cancelled.

Anyhoo, the hour-long drama takes place in a New York City firehouse. Leary is a thoroughly screwed-up firefighting veteran in the midst of a divorce. His only comforts are booze, and a best friend that he talks to a lot. Problem is, he died during 9/11. If you're one of those people that won't watch an hourly drama unless it's on HBO, don't worry. There's plenty of cursing, sex, and violence to keep you interested. Gotta love F/X!

2 comments:

Jess Hutch said...

how many 9/11-related fictional series have there been? I can only think of "the grid" and "rescue me". why isn't hollywood milking this for all it's worth? it's can't be scruples...

Rain said...

I know other shows have added 9/11-themed episodes or arcs, but I think those two shows might just be the tip of the coming iceberg.