Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Um, Did I Mention I Love Lost?

'Cause I do. And there's another episode on tonight. I'm giddy with excitement.

Here's a good article about how Lost fits into the genre of "mythology" shows like Buffy and The X-Files.

Like the above shows, I don't doubt that "Lost" will eventually disappoint me. In fact, I'm kind of surprised that hasn't already happened. But so far each episode has managed to surprise me, manipulate me (but in a good way) make me tear up (just a little!) and make me laugh (which is the most surprising thing of all.) The show has also made me realize how much I missed watching shows like "Buffy" or "The X-Files." Let's face it, one thing you will never get out of reality TV is the sudden appearance of a hole that leads to Hell, alien abductions, or monsters (insert Donald Trump joke here.) Pair that with some characters that are actually pretty nuanced and you've got some great TV right there, let me tell you what.

No comments: