Thursday, September 29, 2005

It's Only a Shark

Man. "Lost" is really beginning to blow my mind!

However, I don't think last night's was the greatest of episodes. I thought the Michael flashback stuff was redundant, but I do understand that he would likely be thinking about the first time Walt was taken away from him after losing him again, so I guess it made dramatic sense.

Part of me has always dreaded the idea that there are MORE survivors on the other side of the island. I guess that's because I have grown to like all the original survivors so much that having a bunch of new people show up is kind of like becoming a sophomore in high school and having to deal with the arrival of all the bratty freshmen who are so lame and icky and not nearly as cool as your crowd.

Who do you think Desmond was asking about when he asked Locke, "Are you him?" His relief man? Or the guy that was going to show up to tell Desmond the island was safe and he could leave?

We're certainly getting a lot more answers than we did with the first season, and that's kind of disconcerting. Of course all the answers just bring up new questions so there's still the air of mystery that makes the show so good. But it feels kind of weird to get all this new information and new characters all at once...

1 comment:

Jess Hutch said...

I think you're right about the "are you him?" thing - someone that was going to come and tell him that it's okay to leave. Or maybe it means Locke is god. Or something.

I'm not terribly excited about the other survivors showing up, either, particularly because it will probably create a really annoying Kate/Jack/Ana Lucia triangle. K/J is OVER.