Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Love, Sydney

I've always said I don't mind when shows I once loved eventually begin to suck, and then get cancelled. I don't think that's a bad thing. By the time it gets cancelled, I'll have lost interest, and its going away won't be much of a loss. And the show's sucking at the end in no way negates its being awesome at the beginning. (See: "The X-Files," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," and "Twin Peaks.")

What really sucks is when a show continues to be great, and the people involved decide to call it quits then, saying they want to go out "on a high note." THAT'S when the loss is sad. THAT'S when I don't want to see a show disappear. (I still mourn the loss of "Sex and the City" at least once a month.)

So, with that said, I can safely say if "Alias" should end after this current season, as this article implies, I won't be all that sad about it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I love "Alias", but I think five seasons are enough. Especially with no Vaughn!!!!

Rain said...

I miss Vaughn too. I thought he was totally hot. And his death also fits in with another issue I have with many TV shows: never letting characters have happy romantic closure because it's "boring." FINALLY Vaughn and Sydney get together and what do they do? Kill him.

I fear "Gilmore Girls" falling into this same scenario with the Luke and Lorelei romance. Can we just have them be happy, please? Get the drama from someone else. (Like with Rory and Logan. Killing that romance ain't gonna bother me.)