Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Best Costume for the Day

I was discussing the brilliant "Grey Gardens" with a friend today, and how we both need to watch it again, and in a roundabout way that lead me to finding this "mashup," "Hung Up on Grey Gardens," in which Little Edie dances to Madonna. It's not perfect, but it is kind of funny, especially if you watch Madonna's video afterwards. (I think Edie's routine is better.)

I also discovered there is a "Grey Gardens" musical, and a possible movie set to star Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lane. Not sure how I feel about that.

3 comments:

Jess Hutch said...

Drew as Little Edie? Maybe in about 15 years...

Jeff H. said...

You heard that they found The Marble Faun, right?

Rain said...

You're talking about that article in the New Yorker, yes? That was awesome. I wonder if Big Edie ever realized he wasn't out with a different girl every night.