Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Soul Man

"Black. White." premieres on F/X tonight, and I'm linking to this article about the show because the author disses "Crash" in the process.

I saw the families when they appeared on Oprah, and was unimpressed with their make-up jobs. They looked freaky. And I don't care if the person is black or white, anyone who approached me while wearing that much pancake make-up (especially a dude) is going to get a different reaction from me than someone wearing no make-up at all would. I don't care how good make-up may be, you can always tell when someone is wearing it, so I don't see how they can pretend to say that people were reacting to them like they were everyday black or white people. They had to be thinking these people were either suffering from some horrible Robert Davi-esque skin conditions, or they were all men-pretending-to-be-women-pretending-to-be-men. Or something.

No comments: