Thursday, January 13, 2005

They Had Me

And then they Lost me.

Beware: Lost spoilers below!!

I was really digging the reveal of Boone's character last night: Rich boy. In love with his sister. Who's really kind of horrible! But only because her stepmother didn't love her!! And oh my god, are they really gonna...?! And holy crap, I can't believe she's dead! That's awesome! They killed a main character! Who has the balls to do that on a hit show?

Well, apparently not J.J. because it turns out it was all, essentially, a dream. Bastards.

OK. A hallucination. Fueled by the mystical island. And the hallucination helped reveal to Boone that he needs to get the hell over Shannon, because, eww, and also so they can both be happy. Fine. It did serve some purpose to the arc of the show, and continued to drive home the notion that the island gives you what you really need, when you really need it. But it still kind of pissed me off. And I can only hope that if this "S/he's dead!" thing should happen again, it doesn't end with a "just foolin!" because at that point, that's what we'll be expecting, and it will REALLY shock us when it doesn't.

No comments: