Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Honey

Despite knowing full-well that there was still one more non-elimination round to go, I have to admit I was on the edge of my seat during last night's episode of The Amazing Race. I thought perhaps they'd go into the finale with a non-elimination round left, but of course that's just dumb, so silly me for thinking that this episode might have MATTERED.

I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and say that the show has officially jumped the shark or anything, but I really hope they fix the major problems this season has been faced with: Completely intolerable teams that are nothing but pretty faces, incessant bunching, and episodes that ultimately don't matter one bit. I didn't start watching until season 4, I think, so I wasn't a viewer of the show when the idea of "clues" was more than a quaint notion. I think they should bring that back, instead of each "clue" merely being instructions on where to go and what to do. (Granted, even this is too hard for some people to figure out...JONATHAN and VICTORIA.)

So next week is the two hour finale. I'm glad there's at least one team I'm hoping will win, but the fact that the other teams are almost completely unbearable means it's going to be a difficult evening of television for me. I guess this is my version of watching sports.

No comments: