Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I Was Robbed!...Seriously, I Was.

As some of you may have already heard, I lost my ATM card on Friday, and was subsequently robbed of over $1,000.

I think I stupidly left the card in an ATM, but the bizarre thing is, whoever took it was able to figure out my PIN because they didn't use the card as a Visa, only as an ATM card. Which means they were able to also go to ATMs directly and take out cold hard cash. Now, my PIN was not written anywhere on the card, and it's not super-easy or anything. And when I last used the ATM there was no one else around me (it was one of the ATMs where you have to swipe your card to get into the building). A friend suggested perhaps a bank employee took it! Who knows. All I know is whoever got it was also able to enjoy a $500 shopping spree at Macy's.

It's one thing to get the money back (and I really hope the bank credits me). But it would be so nice to actually see a picture of the perp, and find out who actually did this. Just to fulfill my curiosity!

No comments: