Friday, February 25, 2005

Oscar the Grouch

As you probably know, the Oscars are this Sunday. Weeee! I'm looking forward to the show with excitement, and a little dread after hearing about all these changes, and I've at least caught up on SOME of the nominees. I saw "The Aviator" on Monday, and liked it more than I thought I would. Also saw "Million Dollar Baby" a few weeks back, and frankly, I was a little underwhelmed. I'd like to post my predictions (and when I predict, it's for ALL the awards) but the truth is I usually don't make my final predictions until about an hour before the show starts...I will say that I HOPE Scorsese gets at least the director's statue. The rest of the awards? I don't really care too much about who wins or loses, which is kind of sad.

For others who like to predict every single award, Salon is giving people a chance to view some of the short film nominees, so you can watch a few of them and make an actual educated prediction. For the record I just watched "Gopher Broke" and "Guard Dog" and between those two? I really hope "Guard Dog" takes it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw those two shorts also...and btw, thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed both of them, but I agree with you, "Guard Dog" is it, and besides I loved that kung-fu ninja bird. As far as the Oscars go, I haven't seen any of the films, but I hope Scorsese wins too.
S.

Rain said...

Like Salon said, Bill Plympton really deserves an Oscar after all these years, so let's all keep our fingers crossed for "Guard Dog"!

And I'll also add that while I don't really care who wins or loses in most of the categories, I do care about the animated feature category. Pleeeeease let it be "The Incredibles!"