Monday, August 15, 2005

"Meme"? Is That Anything Like "Mime"?

After reading Jessica's "idiosyncratic" post I found that she had passed a "meme" on to me. First, I checked my glands to make sure they weren't swollen, and then it began to dawn on me that a "meme" wasn't a virus. Then I had to go to Wikipedia in the hopes that they could explain the whole "meme" thing to me. And God bless 'em, the entry is exhaustive, but not a big help. So then I read a few more and realized it's kind of like a chain letter--and I got mad. But then I realized that there wasn't the whole "if you don't do this, bad luck will befall you" evil attached to it, and I figure I'd go ahead and join in.

So my five idiosyncrasies are:

1. I actually do believe in that chain-letter-bad-luck nonsense, so please don't ever, EVER forward one to me, or else I will just send it back to you 100 times. Thanks.

2. I feel sorry for inanimate things. Like stuffed animals. I can't just toss a stuffed animal in the trash, because that makes me feel guilty and sad, and unless I can be there to witness a child picking one of my old stuffed animals out and buying it at a thrift store, I have a hard time giving them away to charity, too. So, instead, they sit around my apartment gathering dust and mites, while I feel guilty about ignoring them. So, much like the request above, please don't give me stuffed animals.

3. I have to get out of bed on the right side, or else I fear bad things will befall me that day.

4. Unlike Jess, I don't mind lotion on my hands, as long as it's rubbed in well, but I can not, even for a few seconds, stand to have sticky hands. Jam hands? Ick. If I eat a piece of fruit, or a pastry (pastries are the worst), I prefer to eat them with a fork, just to avoid getting stickiness on my hands. I really should walk around with Wetty Naps on my person at all times.

5. Me and my cat have a routine wherein after I wake up in the morning, she moves from the bed to the couch and waits for me to make my bed, afterwhich she returns to the bed, lies down and stretches out, then stands up, waiting for me to come by and push her over (in a nice way) while I say, in an embarrassingly high voice, "You're SO CRAZY!" and then I toss her her favorite toys and she goes nuts for about five minutes, then she gets bored and goes back to sleep.

And if that doesn't make me sound like an idiosyncratic crazy cat lady, I don't know what will.

So now I'm supposed to "Tag, you're it!" someone else, right? I don't think many people who read my blog actually have blogs of their own, so I'm kind of at a loss. If anyone wants to share their insanity in the comments, they are welcome, otherwise, Rachael, if you're reading this...Tag! You're it!

2 comments:

Jess Hutch said...

I knew it would piss you off - but more importantly, I knew you would kick this meme in the butt. And you did. I salute you.

Rain said...

Nah. I'm not really pissed. It was fun, and a challenge to limit my crazy--I mean idiosyncrasies--to just five.