Friday, June 09, 2006

There's Always Next Year

I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions before seeing it, but I also have to be honest: I'm just not excited about "Cars." I have yet to not at least really like a Pixar movie, but "Cars" just does not hold any interest for me. I feel like I should trust them--they haven't really disappointed me yet--and yet, I can't bring myself to actually go see "Cars." And I LIKE cars. Not NASCAR, no, but I appreciate cars. And the whole Route 66 thing? So up my alley. And yet...and yet. None of the trailers or clips have made me laugh, and aside from Bonnie Hunt, I don't have the highest confidence in the voice talent, (seriously, Larry the Cable Guy?) There just hasn't been the pull that I've felt with all the other Pixar movies.

Which is why the trailer for Ratatouille made me so happy. There's the Pixar I love. AND Patton Oswalt as the voice of the Rat? Awesome.

No comments: