Saturday, October 18, 2008

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 18

Despite my love for Jon Hamm, I am not at all pleased about the upcoming remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still." First, I think he would have made a much better Klaatu than Keeanu Reeves. In fact, I kinda wish Keanu Reeves was playing Gort. In the full on metal suit. Silently. And speaking of Gort, that brings me to my second misgiving. Gort is one of the coolest robots ever, and any attempts to update him will only result in massive Fail.

So just watch the original movie at 1:30pm on AMC instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I don't understand people like you. The original movie was good for its time _75 years ago or something like that. It screams for a remake-Keanu is the perfect choice. Your lame for thinking otherwise. He is more than Ted-He has been for what 15 years or so. Move into the future buddy you might open your mind and get educated.

Rain said...

Your [sic] right. Keeanu is great in everything he does, and the movie is going to be awesome.