Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Musty TV's Maniacal Halloween Countdown - Day 1


No, your eyes are not deceiving you! Musty TV has, once again, risen from the grave to partake in the yearly blogger Countdown to Halloween.

This is my 12th year participating in the Countdown, which is wild to think about. Can you even remember what the internet was like way back then? Social media was barely a thing, and streaming video definitely wasn't the go to choice for entertainment viewing. Back then, my countdown picks were based on what was showing up on cable TV, but like many people, I cut that cord several years ago.

That doesn't actually mean my version of the countdown has changed that much. I'll still provide daily viewing picks based on what's showing up on TV, though the channel choices may be limited. And I'll probably be throwing in some theatrical releases, streaming choices, and even some odds and ends you can view right here. Most days will be a treat. But I can promise a few tricks here and there.

As always, I am joining a long list of blogs that are also participating in the Countdown, each in their own unique ways. You can find a list of all the blogs participating here. Be sure to go knock on their virtual doors.

So, to start things off, how about the movie that has inspired what will (hopefully) be my Halloween costume this year. Jordan Peele's Us. Now, I didn't like it nearly as much as I did Get Out, but you have to admit, he definitely gave us a movie that just screams it be emulated with large group costumes, right?

It's rentable on Amazon, YouTube, and Google Play.

2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Welcome back! Hope it's a great month ahead. Happy October!

Rain said...

Thanks!