Saturday, October 12, 2019

Musty TV's Maniacal Halloween Countdown - Day 12

Mondays, amiright?
This year mark the 30th anniversary of the release of Vampire's Kiss starring Nicolas Cage in what may be the most batshit crazy performance in a career full of batshit crazy performances.

I saw it in 1989 the weekend it was released, and I think my two friends and I may have been the only people in the theater. I didn't know what to make of it. I laughed a lot, but I didn't really know if I was supposed to be laughing. Not that it really mattered; I knew I'd never forget it, and I never have.

This anniversary piece at The Ringer takes a deep look into the film's creation (I didn't even realize the screenwriter had also written Martin Scorsese's After Hours, which makes so much sense), and it'll have you wanting to watch or re-watch it right away.

Which you can do at 6:00pm tonight on the Comet channel, or via rental on Vudu!


No comments: