Monday, January 28, 2008

The Year of a Million Screams

I'm back from Disneyland. (To see photos, click the picture above.) It was fabulously fun and a great way to spend my birthday. I screamed, ate prime rib, drank a glowing cocktail, and was wished a Happy Birthday about a hundred times thanks to the Disneyland Hotel-issued birthday pin I wore for two days straight. I also got an autographed photo of Goofy and a balloon upon check in to the hotel, which was awesome. For the most part we lucked out weather-wise, only getting hit with rain towards the end of Saturday night, and bit Sunday afternoon.

As for the flying, I suppose it was pretty good, considering the weather; I've experienced worse turbulence, although any amount is really too much for me. Virgin America was impressive on the way down, what with the in-flight entertainment (even if some of it didn't work, like the games) but on the way back, it wasn't working at all. On Sunday we got to the airport early enough that they were able to put us on an earlier flight that had been delayed. Turns out it wasn't done being delayed, and it ended up taking off about the same time as our original flight, so we ended up getting home just five minutes earlier than we would have if we had stuck with that original flight. Ha HA! But at least I got a free cocktail out of them because of the delay.

So now I'm home, and I think I will spend the entire day in my pajamas catching up on some TV and writing, before I have to get back into real life, and real life worries...

2 comments:

Becky G. said...

What, no documentation of the glowing cocktail?! Next time, I guess. Happy belated birthday!

Rain said...

There's some blurry documentation in my Flickr photos...

And thanks for the birthday wishes!